Residential and Intensive Treatment provides a trauma informed, 24-hour therapeutic treatment where youth work through emotional and behavioral issues that often stem from a history of abuse or neglect.
Clients receive weekly individual, group, and family therapy with a licensed therapist, in addition to case management, life skills education, and recreational therapy.
Program features include:
- A treatment team works with children and their families to de-escalate crises and stabilize behaviors.
- Youth reside in dormitories at Epworth where there is highly structured, 24-hour staff supervision and nursing care provided.
- Residents attend school in the Webster Groves School District, in accordance with their school history, and utilizing supports as needed.
- Residential Aftercare supports youth in the transition from Residential Treatment to life in the community, helping them successfully resolve issues and maintain long-term community placement.
Who do we serve?
To be eligible, youth must be:
- Between the ages of 11 and 18
- Experiencing an emotional, mental, or behavioral crisis