The Independent Living Program provides independent housing, case management, life skills education, and parenting skills education to older youth to prepare them for emotional, physical, and financial independence.
Independent Living Program (ILP) features:
- Assistance in locating and obtaining apartments for participants, ages 18 to 23, in the community
- 2 to 10 hours of weekly contact by Epworth’s professional staff
- Individualized training in daily living skills including budgeting, cooking, grocery shopping, and more
- Moderate financial assistance, access to community resources, assistance with setting and accomplishing personal goals, and guidance in coping with daily stressors
Who do we serve?
To be eligible, youth must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 23
- Unable to find appropriate family placement
- Capable of making responsible personal decisions with minimal adult supervision
- Willing to meet with Case Manager as outlined in program guide
- Ability to set goals and follow through
- Maintain employment