The Epworth Auxiliary
Founded more than 50 years ago, this group of dedicated volunteers supports children and families served by Epworth by providing critical financial and volunteer support through a variety of annual activities.
This group of ladies provides a vital link to United Methodist churches and other community congregations.
As a group, the Epworth Auxiliary, with a membership of over 45, meet on the first Monday of each month at 10:00 am on the Webster Groves campus for a business meeting and informational program.
- Epworth Christmas Cards - Beginning in August each year, Auxiliary members sell Christmas cards to the community. Last year, members sold more than 650 boxes of cards and raised over $7,000 to support the youth at Epworth.
“As we find joy, hope and love in the holidays, help us to find the same in the coming year.”
Religious option includes:
“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love really is.”
-Ephesians 3:81, New Living Translation
$10 (for 15 cards)
Call 314-961-5718 to order
- The Epworth Auxiliary Spring Luncheon & Fashion Show - In April, this delightful luncheon brings together members, friends, Epworth staff,board and volunteers, to raise funds for the agency. A white elephant sale, lively entertainment, and a bake sale add to the enjoyment of the event.
- Aluminum Can Fund - Members, friends, and churches collect cans to support this effort. This recycling project provides direct benefits to youth in need of special dental, optical and dermatology services not covered by traditional sources.
- Holiday Dessert Party - Each December, the group provides a delicious array of desserts at a party for the youth on campus - - much to their delight!
- Adopt a Dorm - Members of the Auxiliary participate in Epworth's Adopt a Dorm program and help the youth celebrate various holidays such as Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Valentine's Day by hosting parties, bringing refreshments and planning activities.
In addition, the Auxiliary and its members give generously to support the special "in-kind" needs of Epworth's programs such as providing soaps, shampoos, cleaning supplies, laundry items, and other personal and household items for youth in the Transitional Living Program. At Christmas time, they also provide candy and McDonald's gift certificates for the kids.
Call Louise Blood, Auxiliary President, at 314.842.1709 or the Development Office at 314.918.3411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.