Special Education School
Epworth School Calendar 2014 – 2015
The Special Education School serves students grades K-12 who display behaviors so significant it impedes their educational progress. Most students have an educational diagnosis of Emotionally Disturbed, Autism, Intellectually Disabled, Language impaired, or Learning Disabled.
- Curriculum based on the common core state standards adapted or modified to meet individual students needs
- Classrooms are staffed with certified special education teachers and highly specialized teacher's aides and behavior specialists
- Additional treatment staff includes licensed therapists, physical education teacher and creative intervention therapist
- Therapists are embedded into the classroom to assist students in implementation of strategies that will increase classroom success
- Service provided by Epworth School at district’s request
- Epworth school’s same specialized services provided as embedded classrooms in the district
- Provides behavioral, academic, and therapeutic supports in an embedded classroom to decrease a need for a more restrictive environment
- Therapeutic and special education teachers provide strength-based strategies to local district staff to help increase their ability to work with behaviors and emotional concerns in the classroom
- Each student receives an integrated assessment and team-driven treatment plan to assist in student programing
- Students receive individual and group therapy in the classroom to assist in the generalization of classroom and social skills
For more information contact the school’s main office at 314.918.3316.